What you will make:
This tutorial will guide you through the steps required to make your robotic car. Let’s get started
What you will need:
For this project you will need:
- Assembled Robotic Car chassis. For assembly guide, go here.
- Arduino UNO.
- L298N, guide to which is provided here.
- Battery with snap connector
- DC Jack Male
- Jumper wires
- mBlock software for programming, guide to download it is provided here.
(Car only moves in forward direction)
This is the Test Code to test your robotic car that your connections are perfect.
Code with all directions
(Car moves forward, stop, turn right,turn left, moves backward)
- Connect the components as shown in schematic.
- Upload the code.
Troubleshooting: If your wheels are moving in opposite direction then exchange wires one of the DC motor.
Note: After uploading, you can unplug the Arduino from the laptop and can connect battery to it using the DC Jack. Remember to unplug the Arduino from the laptop first.
Circuit diagram with 9V battery and DC jack
Circuit diagram with cell holder case and DC jack
Circuit diagram with cell holder case and without DC jack